Sunday, June 22

Raheem Devaughn and Chrisette Michele Blessed Atl!




Friday at The Tabernacle "The Art of Love" tour presented Solange, Chrisette Michele and Raheem Devaughn who blessed the stage to a sold out audience. I had never really heard Solange nor Raheem's music but I must say that though Solange was not up there long she sounded good; and Raheem ROCKED IT! Originally from D.C, he played songs from both of his albums "The Love Experience" and "Love Behind the Melody." He jumped around the stage, got down in the crowd and walked around in a cape and crown, lol! Towards the end he played a lil' Go Go music (which hit home to me considering I was born and raised in VA, :-)

Being a Chrisette fan I truly now know that I will be at any live appearance that she performs here in Atlanta, lol! She sounded great, looked great and had the audience jamming to songs from her debut album "I Am." She hit low and high notes and also got on the piano to perform "Golden," awesome performance!

Future Dates:
June 22: Miami (Fillmore)
June 26: Atlantic City, N.J. (House of Blues)
June 27: Hampton, Va. (Hampton Jazz Festival/Coliseum)
June 28: Raleigh, N.C. (Progressive Energy Theatre)
June 29: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post)

0 comments: